what is this???

My 13 year old daughter said that today every time she chews on food her ear hurts and her jaw hurts! (on the left side of her mouth) what is this>????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I say bring her to a dentist. Her jaw sound out of place somehow

Answer by louise2 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It could be an ear infection. Especially if it is a new symptom. So try her doctor and then the dentist.

Answer by Bmat at 10:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sounds like an inner ear infection...they hurt through your jaw also. I have had 3 ear infections as an adult and they are definitely no fun.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• An ear infection or a dental issue.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It sounds like TMJ (TemproMandibular Joint) syndrome. Many people have it & and your Dentist sound be able to help you treat/manage it. I dislocated my jaw as a kid ( I was just eating an ice sream cone & it popped out & then popped right back in but is slightly misaligned. We did nothing for it because having the Dr. dislocate it in order to readjust it would have been painful & I was not having a lot of pain, with it. Some people have more issues with it than others.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 2:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would say ear infection or tooth ache..either way have her looked at.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2009