What is your favorite song of praise and worship,and why?

For me, it's "Because He lives",by Bill and Gloria Gaither. To me, that chorus just says it all:"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future,and life is worth the living,just because He lives." That pretty much describes my life in Christ. I can't tell you how many times a day I sing those words to myself, or out loud. That song has helped me through some of the darkest days. I love others,of course,also. "I can only imagine",is another favorite. And, "Our God is an Awesome God", "God on the Mountain", but my all-time favorite is "Because He lives."

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• there are several but as of today my fave is Cry out to Jesus by Third Day :

"There is hope for the helpless
    Rest for the weary
    Love for the broken heart
    There is grace and forgiveness
    Mercy and healing
    He'll meet you wherever you are
    Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I can't say I have "One Favorite" as there ar so many I like.
    I like a lot of David Crowder Band for Praise & Worship songs.

Intoxicating
    Oh Praise Him
    Everything Glorious

I love the song "More" by Mathew West

Most Newsboys Songs

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I like too many to narrow down to one..older songs I like: Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, I Come to the Garden Alone, God Is, Watch Ye Therefore, At the Cross(Where I first saw the light one), Something Beautiful (the original/old one)...Newer songs: At the Cross (Hillsongs), Pray For Rain, Let it Rain, Fields of Grace..Hee hee and the list goes on.
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 2:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have no favorite. I like priase songs. But one I have on my heart now is "Speak to my heart Holy Spirit"
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Worthy of Worship
    cspur316

Answer by cspur316 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WctTTVASzYM It speaks of His GRACE and why He died... for us! Its a love song to Him! It is called Where We Belong ~ Hillsong
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Traditional:

Just As I Am
    Just as I am, without one plea,
    but that thy blood was shed for me,
    and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Contemporary: (I couldn't decide on only one!)
    Breathe by Michael W. Smith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oad8ov10AjY
    If You Want Me To by Ginny Owens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNzOpKvPfw

**Good questions, Mendy!**
    butterflydust

Answer by butterflydust at 10:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my God is mighty to save
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 3:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't have a favorite...I have many favorites! I grew up with two music majors, so I love all kinds of different music. And there are so many songs that I so love to sing to and about the Lord. "It Is Well" and "How Great Thou Art" come to mind immediately. And I got my life verses from a song that was introduced by our former music minister; it is called "Thou O Lord", and it's based on Psalm 3. It is so powerful...
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2009