Do you prefer modern praise and worship songs, or the traditional hymns,or both?

Me, I love praise and worship music! So many powerful, meaningful songs. So much love for God showing through them. But, there are many traditional hymns, I grew up singing, that have just as much meaning. "Amazing Grace",of course. And, the other day, I sang every verse to "He lives", which I didn't even realize I still knew all the words to. There are some songs that will never lose their meaning,and most old hymns are that way.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I like both. Unfortunatley churches usually just do 1 or the other.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 10:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Contemporary
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 11:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I love old traditional hymns....but there are a few contemporary CDs we listen to as well.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I like both!
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 2:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I Love the traditional music and that is what I will sing. I do not object to the contemporary / modern music within reason. I feel that however you can worship and God get the glory is what worship is about. Music is more than the sound.....read the words....they are awesome.
    cspur316

Answer by cspur316 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Praise and Worship and Prophetic songs! Only stuff I listen to.. it points me directly to JESUS!

I love this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WctTTVASzYM
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i love both!!!!
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I love both! I grew up listening to and performing the traditional hymns. As I got older, I was introduced to more contemporary bands and singers. I think they were very instrumental in helping me through certain parts of my life. The contemporary artists can be very very wonderful in helping to reach different types of people with different tastes.
    butterflydust

Answer by butterflydust at 9:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I love both! And I am so fortunate that we have both in our church. We all worship together either at 0800 or 1030, and I think it helps to satisfy the different generations within the congregation to have a little of both. Our music ministry is unmatched in all of the churches I've been in (and we're retired military and I grew up military, so we've been in quite a few). We have a full choir and orchestra and a praise team each week. Love it...
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I LOVE the old ones!
    Deb_Jones

Answer by Deb_Jones at 6:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009