In your church, do you still use hymnals, and sing the traditional hymns, or do they project the songs on a screen,and sing more modern praise and worship songs?

In our church, they project the songs on a large screen,and we don't even have hymnals anymore. We sing more praise and worship songs, but we also sing some of the traditional hymns. They are both great,and I love the mixture of both.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both. I like the mix with the new praise and worship song but I also love the old hymnal songs I grew up with. Our church has a very nice mix of both (my kids love the words on the power point though LOL).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• we just sing from hymnals but we do have ppl that sing "specials" and most are praise & worship songs
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Projector with contemporary worship.

hdb

Answer by hdb at 11:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• hymnals and some print outs.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Modern gospel with some old gospel mixed in. No projector and no books...everyone just sort of falls into the praise. If you dont know the words you still end up clapping, on your feet and just getting into the worship.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We have modern music. Our chuch is huge (we have 3 services & about 2,500 people who attend). We have a full band with electric guitars & drums.. Etc. I LOVE the music. Most of the songs are wrote by the members of our church band.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We do both.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We use power point and hymm books. We sing hymms and modern worship songs as well to suit everyones taste in music.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We have our own band! But the songs are all projected on the front wall. Most of the music is the modern type but we also sing some of the traditional ones. The hymnals are still in the pews and we do use them but probably only once or twice a month.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 2:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We do both. I love old hymn. Reminds me of my grandmother's church
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009