I am 19 yrs old, pregnant with first baby, 37 weeks with question

i feel alot of pressure on my bum and vaJ-J. my bladder feels as though it is going to pop, i poo alot, i have cramps like im going to get my period, my leg crams by my butt alot. My doctor said that my son is decending into my pelvis and that if and when i go into labor they are not going to try and stop it. So my question is, does it sound as though i can give birth any day. i am really excited and nervous and hate not knowing about when he will arrive. also i am pretty sure i have lost my mucous plug, but it wasnt bloody, it was just clear and gewy.
Also, every body in my family has delivered 2 weeks early, does that mean i will too??

sierra_baby5409

Asked by sierra_baby5409 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds it. if they baby gets really still and you start feeling like you have diarrhea(at least for me) then you'll have him real soon. GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It sounds like it will be anytime now! Get as much rest as you can and make sure you pay attention if you start getting contractions!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It doesn't necessarily mean you will have your baby early, but it's always possible. It does, however, sound like you may have your baby any time now. And your mucous plug isn't always bloody. I lost pieces of mine for a week or so before going into labor and they were all kind of clear-whiteish. It was only bloody when I lost it all after my doctor stretched my cervix and broke my water, but I was bleeding anyway from the stretching. Take care and if you want to have your baby soon and you aren't on bed rest, walk a lot! It helps them descend and their head puts pressure on your cervix, which helps you dilate.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sounds like you are very close. Your body and baby are preparing for labor and delivery!!
    Yay for you.
    And as far as early... well. that is a coin toss. But since you are already getting these symptoms.. I would bet you will go before your due date.. just a guess.

Good Luck Mommy!!! and Congratulations!!
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You're very close. Are you sure you're not having contractions? My contractions just felt like period cramps at first...it was hours before they were more intense. I wouldn't have even considered them "contractions" except that my water had broken several hours earlier (which wasn't near as dramatic as it was in the movies....just a slow constant trickle). Mine came 3 weeks early. My doctor hadn't even checked to see if I was dilated yet. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• 1-i am also 19 and 37 weeks
    2-i am feeling the same EXACT things your feeling (esp with the cramping of the butt! lol)
    3-my mom had babies a few days early...but not 2 weeks early
    4-i think u'll have him/her a week early =]

thats my prediction
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• the only thing that i thought to add was the pooping all thetime is natural your body is preparing for the birth and kinda cleaning out .....just stay close to the potty LOL
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 12:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• sounds like you are getting close. I dont think the fact that your family delivers early is a sure fire sign that you will. I had my first son 2 weeks early and then with my second son I was 3 WEEKS LATE! i thought i was gonna die. cause I had the pressure for weeks!!
    but if you think you lost your mucous plug you should be getting close ;-) GOOD LUCK MOMMY!
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 1:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2009