Laundry pet peeve.........

Does it irk anyone else that the clothes are inside out when you go to separate and wash? My new mission is to teach the kids to fix this before clothes go in the dirty clothes hamper. I hate turning dirty socks the right way, especially my husband's!!! UGH, thanks for the vent!!

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Good luck on that. Trying to get the DH and kids to do anything right,,is like talking to a wall..I know this because I have been there.

My issue with laundery is, I turn eveything inside right,,and when I take it out of the wash some of it is inside out..Is there a washer fairy? Like a dryer fairy?

Answer by louise2 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just fold or hang the clothes the way they come out of the dryer...if they're inside out, leave them inside out. If the kids/husband don't like to turn their clothes right side in everyday before wearing them, then maybe they'll start making sure they go into the laundry right side in. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i throw the clothes that are inside out back in there rooms untill they fix it . oldest has run out of clothes twice now. bummer for him LOL
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 12:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My kids get their clothing back in the same condition in which it arrived. Clean, but inside out or with one arm or leg pulled through. Someday they will get the hint. I do not fold my kids laundry. They have been doing it themselves since Kindergarten. Inside out clothing is their problem.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Some Clothes I do launder inside out! I just wish I had A Decent Washing Machine! I didn't have one Growing up! I bought my First used one at age:17. It Shredded Clothes! The one I own now works when it wants to & is over 25+ Years old! Its on my list of needs. That never get taken care of!! So just to having something newer & work for me would be A Blessing! Also something has to be Eating Socks! Bad enough doing our Laundry but Baby Socks Too Get lost! Big ones & Baby.. My Machines must have preferences too!! ??
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• that is great
    peace423

Answer by peace423 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• right
    peace423

Answer by peace423 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I don't turn my husband's undergarments right side out again. But I do hang his dress shirts right side out since I don't iron. What I find aggravating is that whenever he has a sniffle, I end up with tissues going through the laundry. Sure i could always check all of his shirt and pants pockets, but I don't wanna. And of course, I blame him because that is easier than admitting that maybe some slip past me in my pockets. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009