Do you know what Trigeminal Neuralgia is?

I have it and it is VERY painful!! How do I get my SO to understand how much pain I am in? He is a loud person and he's also hard of hearing, so he always has the tv and radio blaring. This is so painful for me it makes me cry. I have asked him to understand and turn it down and he screams that he can't help being hard of hearing. I get that, but I can't help having TN either! Advice?

NO bashing! You will be reported.

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• My mother just had surgery to remove the blood vessels surrounding her Trigeminal nerve last April. She endured the pain for ten years before she was able to have the surgery. She also went through numerous pain medications over the years as the pain kept increasing and the drugs wouldn't work any more. She was even given experimental epilepsy medication among other things. I think the only way he is going to understand is through research. Even with all I learned about TN I will never understand the level of pain you have to endure. It is nicknamed suicides disease for a reason... the pain becomes so intense that death seems like the better option than dealing with the pain. Unfortunately, this disease is not well known and nobody understands the intensity of it. I wish you lots of luck and I hope you have a really good neurologist.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• no i dont know what it is but what about getting hubby some head phones?
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 12:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• When people need glasses they go get them, but for some reason a hearing aide is embarrassing and their deafness gets blamed on those who live with them. He needs a hearing aide and put your foot down already. Get your Dr.'s office to provide you with some informative paperwork on the TN and inform your SO.
    Anonymous