Look before you buy

Found a new (for me) website - www.ripoffreport.com - where you can see other consumer reports. They have been around for a decade, and you can see if there have been many, if any, consumer complaints about stores or businesses before you purchase any merchandise.

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 11:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• Thanks for the info.

Answer by louise2 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I came across that a while ago... like the online version of the Better Business Bureau (sp?)... I was looking to get a free credit report and used the first sight I found and then couldn't find it again when I went cancel it before the end of the free 30 day trial... googled it and was terrified by what I found. Thought for sure I would be charged hundreds of dollars like other people said they were.... Called to cancel the account, even recorded it if I needed it for later... Then contacted my banking let them know what I found out so they would not clear any charges. Thankfully I didn't have any problem with them. But o was I scared!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• wow that's good to know
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 11:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Thank you for Sharing! That's So Sweet & Kind of you! With today's economy no one needs to be ripped off or buying Poor Quality!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I visit this site frequently. I have also seen PEOPLE postings lol! like "don't date Johnny X, he will steal your car and drain your savings..." with pictures and personol info! I was like WOW...that's gotta suck/be embarassing!!
    Anonymous