How can Protection Fail? i dont understand?

Spericide-Kills SPERM....so..i dont get how that can fail..

A Condom is like having a rubber cup on your penis...it CATCHES the sperm...so that the cum doesnt go into the vagina..so i dont understand how you can get pregnant that way..

I honestly thought about this and couldnt think of how it can be so inaccurate...anyone have any ideas or good answers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• People aren't using them correctly? Or at all? I don't know, my man and I used condoms for years and never had a problem. Then I was on the pill and never had a problem.....I don't know if I believe half the women who say "I was on the pill and got pregnant." how can the numbers be so high? I don't know that they were using it correctly or at all.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Basically, it's a barrier. It doesn't always work, and sometimes spermicides can react with the chemicals in your body and not protect as well as they would on other people, just like any other medication. Birth control does not prevent you from ovulating, and if you don't take it at the same time every day it could be less potent. And like every other stretchy material, condoms can either leak, rip, slip, etc.

Pretty sure the rule is, if you don't want to risk getting pregnant, don't have sex...

Would be the smart thing to do anyway...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Spermicide- only kills some of the sperm. it only takes one little sperm getting up there and reaching your egg. very possible and anyone that relies solely on spermicide is just asking to get pregnant.

Condoms- read the box they aren't 100% effective and speak with a doctor...they will tell you that they seem many people have condom babies.Condoms can burst and sometimes people don't realize it, they can slip off and other weird things can happen especially if they guy doesn't know what he's doing..

Birth Control - Also not 100% effective, depending on the type things can go wrong and sometimes forgetting one or two pills can make just enough of a difference and you can get pregnant.

Personally, I'm 14 weeks pregnant and got pregnant using condoms..don't remember any particular accident, never really had an accident to be honest and just ended up pregnant.
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well, some people will not use the right size condom, or if it has a small hole in it sperm can seep through. Or they will stop midway and put on a condom and have the preejaculae already come out. Also, the spermacide, if you are really juicy down there and have sex for a while then it can push it out or your juices can dilute it. It only takes 1 sperm to make a baby, and nothing is 100% full proof.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• well im talking about...WHAT IF THE CONDOM DOESNT BREAK OR LEAK...HOW THE HELL IS IT POSSIBLE SOMEONE GETS PREGNANT FROM THAT!!

now thats odd
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• a condom is only 99% effective which means there is still that teenie weenie chance that you can get pregnant. As the man pulls out it can slide and just the tiniest amount of sperm can manage to hang onto whatever as he's pulling out. It can tear if it's not the right size or fall off if too loose. No birth control is 100% effective. I have had friends and relatives end up pregnant on the pill, and/or using condoms. I believe there are disclaimers on the packaging that state it's 99.9% effective(or 99% ) when "used properly". Not saying if you got pregnant you didn't use it properly, that is just what the package says. LOL

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You cannot get pregnant using a condom if the condom does not break or leak. I don't think anyone in their right mind claims to have gotten pregnant without any malfunction. What I was saying earlier is that I don't remember an accident happening, not that it didn't happen. of course something didn't work right with the condom...I'm pregnant and we never forgot to use a condom...
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Some sperm just swim like Michael Phelps!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• NOTHING is 100% percent positive... someone anonimous said "I never had a problem"
    All women are different. what works for one might not work for another! I got pregnant after being on the shot for a year! So that isnt exactly something that you administer to yourself.... so if you could please EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I WAS NOT USING IT CORRECTLY!? some women just do not react correctly to some types of birth control. some women might not tell the truth to the person they got pregnant by about using birth control... but please do not say that you do not believe anyone who says they got pregnant while using bc correctly.... cause I have a cousin also who has 4 kids and was on bc EVERYTIME she got pregnant.... not trying to sound like i have an attitude but that kind of irritates me when people assume that because something has not happened to them it wouldnt happen to anybody. every bc says 99% affective. thats alot of room4 error
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 12:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• The condom could split or something
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2009