for those who bled during pregnancy

ok so i got a positive pregnancy test well a few hours after i took it i started having light pink bleeding only when i wiped well when i woke up i was having period like bleeding that went on two days i was in no pain i felt great well after the second day i spotted here and there for like 12 hours and that was it.i missed my docs app so i have to make another one.but im either 10 weeks or 4 weeks!i took a test like 5 or 6 weeks ago and it was negative my ob took one like 4 weeks ago and it was negative so i took one like a week ago and it was positive so idk how far i am but did any one have any bleeding like this and was the baby fine??im scared i may have miscarried

twitch

Asked by twitch at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well if I'm reading correctly, sounds like you could have miscarried or experienced a chemical pregnancy. The time that you got the positive pregnancy test and started bleeding a few hours later...how long ago was that? was that recent or weeks ago? and have you had a positive pregnancy test since?
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It's possible to get a period even though your pregnant. It may only last a couple days, be lighter than normal or just spotting. Usually if there is spotting there's a good chance that was the day of conceptions as the egg fertilized by the sperm caused the spotting.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• well i took the test at 2pm and i started the bleeding about 10 and the period like bleeding lasted two days the bleeding was Tuesday night .idk i havent had a chance to go get another one and my hubby doesn't want me spending money on a test he said if it was positive then it was positive
    twitch

Answer by twitch at 12:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would just wait and see what your doc. says, CinderAmethyst is right, you CAN have a normal period in the beginning...and if you didn't cramp or anything, you are probably fine. I bled on and off the first few weeks...and all is well now (:
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sounds like my own story. I was pregnant, miscarried, and pregnant right away, and the 2nd pregnancy, I was placenta previa, so there was bleeding in the beginning of it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes, I was pregnant around the 5-6 week I started bleeding. AND cramping. I was terrrrified. Did an ultrasound- saw heartbeat so we knew he was okay. Put me on bed rest for a week. Then after that I started cramping and bleeding again, went back- baby was still okay. Put me on bed rest for another week. Then my next appointment he did an exam and I had blood on my cervix so he had to scrap it. THAT IS TERRIBLE PAIN. After that I was fine. He said my body knew I had something on there that shouldn't have been there and was trying to cramp it out which would have caused me to miscarry eventually if he wouldn't have found it. Thank God he did!! And my son is happy and heathy 1 yr old today :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• When I bled during my first pregnancy, the same thing happened. Started out light and then got significantly worse. I miscarried. If I were you I would rush to the doc ASAP or even the ER.
    tinalloyd

Answer by tinalloyd at 12:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I am currently having the same problem but havent been to the doctor yet so I dont even know. I have an appointment on tuesday and I am going to ask..
    But mine usually happens the morning after sex. and I am 22 weeks. a couple months ago I had one gush of bright red blood but that was it. It didnt happen again. but now it does after sex so i stopped til I go see the doc.
    But i am definately going to ask and I will make sure to let you know!
    But since you might not be that far along your body might just be adjusting to not having a period... next month im sure you shouldnt bleed. but the doc should b able to tell u 4 sure. tis is my third pregnancy n have never had bleeding with any of my sons....
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 12:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009