my 11 month old has been teething.......

she had a fever 3 days ago, it was between 100 & 102. it went away, but now she's not eating much & at bedtime she'll wake up SCREAMING with what seems to me stomach cramps. now i noticed a rash on her chest & belly, could all of this be related to teething?

krisstencarmela

Asked by krisstencarmela at 12:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it's teething. Sounds more like a virus. Typically temps from teething aren't as high as 102. She probably has a viral rash and isn't eating becasue she doesn't feel good. Maybe even an ear infection if she is waking up crying.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It could be due to the fever. A heat related rash. Every baby's body reacts differently to fever. It could be that the baby has gas, combined with the teething symptoms which would not make for a happy baby at all. Just to play it safe i would call the pediatrician. I never cared if my doctor thought I was bothering him with even "simple" questions. A mom knows her child, and even when there were times my doc said "oh its nothing" a few times it turned out to be more and I was thankful I was persistent.

Call the doc. He/she should have some diagnosis and tell you whether or not to bring the baby into urgent care or peds office.

They also make teething tablets and my sister swore by those. Also, there is a brand called RazzBaby that makes pacifiers(if your baby has one) that rub the gums and help massage the area when baby chews on it. You can find an "off brand" i'm sure, but that might help too with the teething
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009