26 and never had acne til now...

I never had skin issues as a teen. But now as an adult I have developed horrid acne. Ever since my youngest was born I have had "monthly" clear-ups... I didn't say monthly breakouts because I'm usually only clear skined for 3-5 days about 2 weeks after my period... What do I do? I can't live this way! It's horrid! and UGLY!!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• well i guess if you had said your acne was on your crusty butt...someone would have the answer or some sympothy for you...LOL...and then you could sensor the answers with the "report this answer" button...LOL..sorry, but you question is a very good question but its being over looked because someone has a crusty butt...thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Your acne is hormone induced. its actually reacting in reverse. my mom gave me some natural dietary supplements she picked up at the health food store. Its herbal. Its called "Red Clover Phytoestrogen -one daily" it worked for me...but dont take anything with out asking a doctor or someone who is well-educated. ok! this is what worked for me...doesnt mean it will work for you cuz there are alot of factors, like r u nursing, ur health, etc...ok sorry for the crusty-butt thing, thereas a lot wrong on that question...
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem. I sell and use Avon and I personally have had great results with the new Clearskin Professional series. Its similar to Proactiv but less expensive and it works really well. I use the toner pads, clearing lotion and cleanser and I'd suggest you use all three together. I've had several customers rave about the products as well. You can get them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Eat healthy fresh foods, drinks lots of water, and make sure you are having regular bowel movements. Using skin products that are chemical free is important.  Your skin reflects what you are putting inside your body.  Message me if you want some chemical free skin products. 

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• you could try yas ti s aform of birthcontrol but you could also wait for your hormones to get back in to rhythm
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 8:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I tried yas and it made my cycles worse not better.
    I have had acne on and off since I was around 11.
    Clearly the issue is related to hormones. You could take a pill for a few months to get your system back into a good rythm but that is a personal choice.
    If your bowels are not regular you might want to consider drinking more water and possibly supplementing with Magnesium to help get your regular.
    The worst thing you can do to acne prone skin is dry it out too much as your body will just produce more oil.
    I am now using Arbonne products and I love them. They have an acne line which is quite affordable and a lot of women have had great results. Here is a link to some before and afters http://www.arbonne.com/company/opportunity/people/before-after.asp?i=clear_advantage
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca
    http://try.myarbonne.com
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I suggest an organic diet and getting a shower filter to remove the chlorine. Use an all natural cleanser and the filtered water.
    tlcbran

Answer by tlcbran at 2:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009