Is it alright to share your burden not just to people close to you but to the world?

For weeks now I could not sleep well, thinking if what I have bared myself out would really help me with my problem. I have e-mailed some close friends to seek advise too. I know I'm not alone in this experience, the only difference probably is my trying hard to have that courage of sharing even to people who doesn't know me! I hope cafemom would somehow give me the chance. Haven't log in for a long time. I just felt
this club might be able to inspire me and help me as a mom too. Your answers for sure will lighten my burden. Thanks.

titaelvie

Asked by titaelvie at 12:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• whats wrong?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Share away
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Go ahead and share and I'm sure some one can help.
    mika0216

Answer by mika0216 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I think overall there are some caring mothers on this site. There are just some judgmental moms who like to "THINK" they have all the RIGHT answers. Or those who think things should be done some way when it comes to raising babies, reilgious choices, or even to smoke/drink or not to smoke/drink. When someone is going through a hard time, I don't care where they live, how much money they make or don't make, if someone is hurting or reaching out for help, I help them. I've even gone so far as to help those who I didn't know personally in real life. It's like Paying it forward. You know? Or in the movie Evan Almighty where Evan realizes what ARK means.(Act of Random Kindness). If someone needs help, I will help them anytime if I can.

hope this helps you, if you need someone to talk to I will listen. Sometimes we feel we overburden our friends, but the truth is you find out who your REAL friends are when tragedy comes. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I know from my experience that the great women on cafemom have helped me go through hard times just by being there for me. I haven't met any of these ladies but I feel like they have enriched my life by being wonderful friends when I most needed them. I hope you have the same experience I did and sharing helps just by letting someone else help carry your burden. Even just for a moment.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It certainly will help you relieve some of the stress and tension you have bulid inside you.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I can't imagine how else I'd have found ease and support in answers to my undying questions. I also needed help as my mom has abandoned the family the last 7 months, those 7 months I've been pregnant, and had to ask other moms because my mom wasn't there. I'm overall appreciative and blessed that this club is available to me to use, and that the other moms here care and are concerned about the well-being of other people in general. I've found joy in my pregnancy, peace with the fact that my DH is gone 7 days at a time, and now, nearing 4 days left to the birth of our first child, I'm confident in the fact that other moms will be just as happy for me as I could ever be!

THANK YOU, MOMMIES!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We are here to listen and help you.:)

Answer by louise2 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I'm sorry you are hurting. I'm hurting too! I learned A Freind I liked died! We all have problems! Now if yours are so troubling you! You have to find A way for your Help! You feel this. you're asking.. Don't stop until you're Better!! What can We do? What kind of words & all do you need? Talk it out! Scream, Shout, Dance! Get A Journal & write it all Away... Don't Suffer! Keep asking for Help! Call someone Anyone!! Please know you are special & cared about!! Take for Example me- I can't no way no how get to my Yahoo Mail or anything Yahoo on my computer! So if someone emailed me I can't read, open or Reply!! So sometimes Emails don't get to someone or they're lost or deleated!! Think of that! You're Precious!! I'm wishing you Well & the Answers & Solutions you need!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Thanks for the fast response. The 8 responses made me cry. I'm crying at the moment and honestly my burden been eased. If it won't get much of your time, I have published my blogsite and you can read and check it out. The open letter is a little bit long. Please visit www.breadwinnerphilippines.blogspot.com. I'll appreciate if you can post your comments too. Thank you very much great moms!
    titaelvie

Answer by titaelvie at 1:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009