Single Teen Age Mom Help?

Well im 17 years old and i have a 1 year old son, his dad never has came around since i told him i was pregnant, i recently just got into a relationship and he's an amazing guy. I have a problem though, i feel like the reason my past relationships havent worked out is because ive been afraid of a long term relationship which i want more then anything, im scared their going to get bored so any ideas or advice on how to keep it going because we both feel strongly for each other.
No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I say for now stay away from hooking up with anyone and concentrate on yourself and son. GL.

Anonymous

• Keep your son out of the relationship right now. Go out and have fun while your son is with a reliable babysitter. After awhile and you see its going to last then you can bring your son into it. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Take it slow... Being unhappy isn't going to be good for you or your baby. And remember how you got where you are right now.. Use birth control, and focus on bettering yourself and everything else will fall into place.
    Anonymous

• Your son is a year old... you deserve some happiness. If you have issues, then if at all possible, you need to resolve them and find your piece of happiness.
    Wishing you so much luck in love, health and happiness
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I should've mentioned.. ignore the ones that want to lecture you about the birth control thing... I'm pretty sure you figured out how you got pregnant, and how to avoid that from happening again if you don't want more children. I'm way past teenage years myself, never had a teenage pregnancy, but lots of women are married with children at 17 (I was married, but not with children).
    If you think you're afraid of long term relationship, ask yourself why... parent divorce when you were young? One of your parents abandon you and your parent? If possible maybe you could seek some councelling to help you. Love is a beautiful thing and even when it ends... there's usually something wonderful that came out of the relationship. It's like blind faith.. until you believe you're able to do it, you'll never be able to, so spread your wings and trust your heart and trust your instinct, if it doesn't feel right, it prolly isn't.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• as a sorta teen mom.. -___- * i just turned 20*

i agree with the first couple of posters...

life is so much funner/easier/happier/less dramatic when you decide to not be in those type of relationships for a while.
    at least that's how it was for me. but, as for my child's father, we agreed that he would provide for most of his daughter's needs (i.e. food, milk. etc). he has plans for his future and so do i.. eventually we'll get back together, maybe, after everything is ready. so for now we are just friends, and on good terms.

my parents also LOVE watching my baby.. so that's a plus if i need to do something...
    Anonymous

• I'm not at all bringing my baby into the relationship . Untill were more serious. I think im afraid of him getting bored.
    Anonymous

• He wont get bored. Find out what he wants in life. What his goals are. Find out more about each other before trying to take it further. There's lots I still don't know about my Significant Other (SO) and we've been together for almost four years. It's not easy even now. Relationships take time, patience, love, effort, trust, and lots of other things. Don't sit around, or do the same things every time you have the chance. Be outgoing. Try things you never thought you would. Have experiences with each other that you wouldn't normally go do. It will benefit everything else later. Just have fun, and don't worry about long term. Things like that find their way on their own. Good luck and if you wanna talk, message me ANY time. I'm really open and i dont judge. I've also been through A LOT. Oh and I'm only going to be 21 this year and also had my son when I was 17. So i know lots of what your going through =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just make sure u keep the communication open. By doing that u'll know n' buy some naughty books..........stay open minded and do your thing
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2009