Why does everyone in this section post and/or answer anonymous?

Especially when bashing ppl who are having a difficult time and need to get assistance..

I am a full time, outside the home working mom, and pay my share of taxes and I don't mind if a portion of it goes to fs, wic or any other assitance because I know that how the economy is going no jobs are safe and we can all be in the position to receive assistance.. hell, I work and bring home a pretty decent pay check every week and I'm still struggling.. So at least if you are going to "bash" or state your opinion.. have some balls to back it up..

MoMMy2TwiNs07

Asked by MoMMy2TwiNs07 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't bash people and I don't post anonymously.

However, sometimes people post anonymously because they are full of crap. Sometimes they do it because they don't want a bunch of zealous idiots sending them hate mail because they don't agree (and ironically those people sending the hate mail will be the same ones who claim that everyone should be free to do as they please and think for themselves). Others are cowards and believe what they say but do so secretly. And other people like to talk out of their behinds and say offensive things to people anonymously.

I'm sure that there are other reasons but those cover a large portion.
    Awifenmom

Answer by Awifenmom at 4:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Because it's easier to lie about what your husband does for a living when nobody knows who you are?

Just a guess...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• lol panicking....

i don't get why people bash anon. regardless what it's about.... i wasn't "bashing" i fs, i made a comment that was taken wwaaayyy out of context... but i don't use the anon. button... i have an opinion and i am not scared to show it
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I don't think you have to have "balls" to back up what you're saying anon or not. It's someones opinion.To me it doesn't bother me. I could care less if I see any type of picture or name. It's the net and we don't know each other. Bashing is from anons and those who don't use anon. It's post like this that just keeps the fire burning.
    Anonymous

• I know some people post anonymous so they dont get hate mail, because their answer may be "embaressing", because they want to lie about who they are just so they can try and make their point valid, or they do it all the time just because they post anonymously all the time.. There are plenty of reasons.. I think the ones who bash anonymously only do it to get out their frustrations and be a bitch without having to take responsibility.

I have posted anonymous once, and it was a week or so ago and I cant even remember what it was for.. Probably one of those embarrassing questions in Just For Fun. lol.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well for me.. If I whole heartedly believe what I'm saying.. then no reason to post anon.. I think if you do post anon its for a reason.. maybe because you don't want ppl knowing its you because deep down you know that what your saying is wrong to some degree and/or you would be ashamed for ppl to discover the way you really think.. .. jmho.. anyways thanx for answer honestly ladies.. oh yea and i'm not trying to "keep the fire burning" whatever that means.. just curious..
    MoMMy2TwiNs07

Answer by MoMMy2TwiNs07 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I feel more comfortable posting questions as anonymous sometimes... on most sites not just this one.... it has something to do with getting hurtful comments back it's a little easier to take haha. I do agree that most the negative responses on here come from anonymous maybe it makes them more comfortable being assholes to other people. Most often regarding people who receive assistance. Rude.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• lol i think its funny that someone still answered ANON to this question.
    and i know, there is never a ANON with something nice to say, they are always talking shit
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 1:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sometimes I'll post anon because there's people I ACTUALLY KNOW in this site, and I want to hide behind the button, lol...especially if the question or answer is embarassing.

I don't bash much, but when I do say the occasional cutting remark, I'm like the others and don't want to risk hate mail.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I think some people post Anon because they know they are hateful people and they don't want someone to find out the truth. They'll find out that when they go to work or wherever those people will be like "Oh I heard you feel this way about __________, I had no idea you were a bigot/racist/jerk/sexist/pervert/douchebag/butthole.." .......you get the idea.

I never post Anon because I have no problem with people hearing what I have to say, I'll say it to their face if they were standing close enough. I'm not scared. LOL! And to be honest, NOTHING that people say shocks me anymore. I'd be mad at myself if I was actually suprised about the "feeligns" people have about others on this site. I will say I was unaware of how BAD it was, but this site has truely opened my eyes. People will play nice when you're in their face, but they'll talk a lot of isht behind a computer. It's safer.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 2:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2009