Spin-off on how to start a group

I have several questions relating to this, although I did not post the original question.

1. How do you advertise the group?
2. Are there any special requirements, such as member numbers?
3. I've seen cute siggys associated with the group. How can I do that? I'm clueless there.

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hi rhope4,

There are no special requirements for number of members in a group.

If you are a group owner, you can click the 'Promote Your Group' link in the Admin Tools section on your group homepage. Your post there will be added to the 'Groups Seeking Members' forum.

If you are a Group Owner, Admin, or member, you can create a CafeMom signature to promote your group. There is a group on CafeMom where members will help other members create signatures for free:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/signatureshowcase

\The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 5:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Thank you.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I tried to create a group, but when I went to click on it, I couldn't pull anything up. I wanted to put posts on it, but I couldn't find it. Will try again.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Hi rhope4,

Are you still having trouble creating a group? There was a site wide glitch that may have caused the issue, but it should be fixed now.

\The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 8:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I got it created successfully. I really appreciate your help!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2009