Revenge anyone?

My hubbby cheated on me. He's the only man I've been with, I do want to work it out, but still think/feel the need to sleep with another man, sex has not been great the last four years, I wonder if I will feel the same with another man, if it's just me, since my youngest was born (4 years ago) I haven't felt it the same. Has anyone gotten revenge? If so How did you feel afterwards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• all of the above answers are right...but i understand that deep down your still angry & hurt. Im right there with you...im not going to work it out with mine. hes done this toooo many times and somewhere there has to be a place where you say, enough is enough. You dont need to be a door mat & you have to have certain standards for yourself. I just dont understand why. and worse yet, there is never any remorse for the hurt they have caused. Cheating does leave you feeling less. Its a real hard thing to recover from. Im very attractive so im told but i cant beleive the complements because he has hurt me sooo many times. why on earthe would the person who says they love you hurt you in a way you cant seem to recover. Im also turning 50, so i also see the wrinkles, dyed hair, softer gravity yeilding skin, etc...it sucks & i think i should do the same (revenge) but that wouldnt help i dont think...so work it out if you can...
    Anonymous

• Success is the best revenge. Don't sink to the same level that you frown upon, rise above it. Either work it out, or tell him your done before you cheat.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I think 2 wrongs don't make it right and if you truly want things to work out you will do it. Cheating is not the answer. Anyone who has done it probably felt like crap after.

Anonymous

• I think you will feel guilty. Revenge is never as sweet as it sounds! If you truly want to work it out, that should be your focus.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Revenge may be sweet for a time, but there's always that bitter aftertaste.

You'll regret it unless it's done right, such as in divorce court. That was the only way I could get revenge on my ex...that and being happy with the man I'm married to now.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Don't do it as much as it seems it is the answer it isn't. Take it from someone who knows it will more likely hurt you in the end.
    Anonymous

• Honestly it feels like complete shit. It doesn't make you feel better, only worse. I promise. My SO cheated on me with a total of 15 girls, countless times in three years. I forgave him time and time again. Eventually he saw that I loved him for more than just a few things but for everything. It was hard as all hell. Finally he left me for my best friend of 11 yrs. I cheated on him with two of his friends of about 4/5 years to get him back. It was honestly the worst thing I could have done. He still brings it up and its been a while. It hurt him a lot. And if you want things to work out, cheating is NOT the way to do it. I promise. It makes you feel dirty and unwanted even more. Talk it out. Start over. Go on dates, have fun, get a babysitter and just go out and do stuff. It will get better with time. If you need/want to talk just message me. I'm on everyday, and been through most. I don't judge either =] Good luck momma =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sweetie. I speak from recent experience. Don't let his actions turn u n2 something u are not. You have 2 first center urself, think straight. Figure out what u truly want, now that u know what he has done. Trust is VERY hard to restore. I've been with my husband for 13yrs. It was not a one time thing but an on going thing-we have children, I was expecting and it was something I was willing 2forgive. When he got caught in his lies and continued I left him alone in that since. You don't have 2say anything your actions will reflect all that u truly feel.
    Anonymous

• pt.2:I questioned how he could risk something he said he loves soooo much 4something he says he doesn't? How could I be in his need n' he be licking the crack of someone elses a__. I could not touch him, I would be wondering who he was thinking of, this is NOT what I saw 4myself. It is your choice because people do change as in HIDE it better. God can restore, we can repent. I had a friend with benefits, I became pregnant I have a beautiful little boy by someone else. My husband does not know.
    Anonymous

• pt.3:I did not do it 4him but 4myself, I am not a whore. I would never give him that glory of my inspiration but more so I thanked him 4showing me what we had become. I had never cheated nor desired anyone other than him. I tried with him 4 a yr. I could not see myself wondering EACH time we where apart if he was wtih someone else or her. That is not healthy and l love myself better than that. You must fall in love with urself again. You must think of you, not your family or the images of your circle but YOU. I considered everyone EXCEPTY me.
    Anonymous