Ok my babys father is paying for childcare 275 a week and I think he is doing it because the Child Support case is coming up? I don't really have money but I am trying to find a job

I want to know if he could get full custody of his kid if she gets older, just because he makes more money than me? Also I know I'm still a kid, but he tries to make me feel bad because I got some new shoes because of my tax return and I claimed her. He doesnt even take care of her! The reason im not ahead of the game is because I have to take full responsibility of her and I have no time for myself and my life is in pause while he can do anything he wants and now I just want to take her out of the program because everytime he pays its like he throws it in my face that I have nothing to put on the table.

carol85

Asked by carol85 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are being there for your child as a mother that is more than just giving her money. He is doing what he is suppose to do. That child is with you 24-7 so he need not to complain about what you are doing. Its not all about money trust me.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• honey...you are a good mom. You are taking care of her, and because he makes more money doesnt mean they will take her from you and give her to him. Here is what i would do if i were you: call your local child support office(look it up in human resources dept for your state and county), and start to take him to court to pay thru the state. They will take it right from his check and then you will never have to worry about him bailing again. As for the shoes, as long as your daughter is healthy and has all she needs, then dont worry about that. We , as moms, all deserve to treat ourselves sometimes and we all do. Money doesnt make you a better parent honey, love does. hang in there (hugs) and be brave.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Who makes more money shouldn't have anything to do with custody. As for how you choose to spend your money as long as your daughter is taken care of its none of his business or anybody elses for that matter. Keep doing what you do. Moms need shoes too! lol
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I agree with Bearsjen... file for child support through the state and don't let him get you upset about the shoes... Did your child go without anything for you getting those shoes? No, so don't worry about it.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• as miz said...lol we do need shoes...i feel like I may "need" some later today actually hee hee.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I don't quite get this.......why is she in daycare if you are home? Maybe that is his issue. Are you in school? As a mom you deserve new shoes, so don't feel bad. If you keep moving toward your goals, you'll get there.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• just so you know he can'\t claim her on his taxes unless he has proof that she is with him 50% of the time...and just b/c he makes more money has nothing to do with custody....if you have had primary physical custody since she was born and youre not a crazy person then they would likely award you full physical custody...if you don't want him around just petition that and have it ordered taht he pay child support...don't give in b/c he's been paying for daycare.If it's not ordered by the court he could stop giving you taht at anytime.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009