how can i get my 5 mo. old to stop nibbling on me?

she's been teething for a while now with no visable sign of any... yet. but she keeps biting down on me when i feed her. i'm starting to be in enough pain that it's hard to feed her.

Kitty0907

Asked by Kitty0907 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my child started to do that i would stop feeding and say no very firming.. it stops for that second but it never has gone away and he is past a year with eight teeth. lol you can only imagine how bad that hurts lol. But everytie i say no it does stop for that time.
    Anonymous

• When my son would do that I would say a firm "No" or sometimes it would come out "OWWW!" (can't always stop yourself when they bite!) But I would take him off a second and then put him back on. If he did it more than 3 times I would finish the feeding session and he would have to wait awhile until I fed him again. He sometimes still does it when he gets a new tooth.... but it doesn't happen as often as when he was teething.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Maybe readjust into a new holding position and also re-evaluate her latch-make sure it's open wide. She might just be trying to get comfortable & the nibbling is massaging her gums helping the teething pain (although it causes you pain!) Can you give her something to chew on before nursing?
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009