how much should a 14 week old weigh

my 14 week old baby girl weighs 16 lbs. 4 oz. is this too much

adysmom1

Asked by adysmom1 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son weighed around that much at the same age. Some babies weigh less and some more.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• All babies are different. At 4 months my son was 13 lb. At 6 months 15lb 7oz. My niece at 4 months was 18 lbs. So, it depends on the child. I wouldn't worry about it at this time unless your doctor is concerned.
    Anonymous

• at 4 mos my DD weighed in at 9 lbs 5 oz. Every baby is different. At 6 mos she was 10 lbs 7oz.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sounds good for HER. There is no "right" weight for a baby in general, just the right weight for a baby in particular.

She's a lightweight compared to my guys. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sounds healthy to me, my son was 16 pounds at 9 weeks, and then weighed in at a hefty 20 pounds at his 4 month check up, at his 6 mos he had only gone up to 22, babies level off eventually alot of it has to do with genetics, big family, big baby. Once they stat moving around they slim down, and lets face it, a fat rolly baby is pretty adorable.
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 5:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009