Babys' Food

I just started my 4 mth old on a little bit of solids. Today he ate apple sauce 3 days ago he ate Bananas. I give him rice cereal from time to time. So far so good. What do /did you start you baby off with? How much and how often?

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 1:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Prunes once a day--cause we needed to poo. Rice cereal constipated her, and she loves anything I put in her mouth. She only ate once a day and less than an ounce at a time at 4 mos and now we eat a ton at 9 mos.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We started with fruit. He loved it. Today, he's almost 4 and loves everything.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• green beans
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My daughter started solids at 6 months old. FIrst 2 weeks was rice cereal, but then her pediatrician told us to start with vegetables instead of fruit because if they get the sweet taste of the fruit they wont want the vegetables as much. My daughter started off with peas and green beans then she got sweet potatoes and carrots, then we moved on to applesauce, bananas, and peaches when she was about 7.5 months old.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just make sure you introduce each new thing one week apart so you can make sure there are no food allergies. =)
    AprilDJC

• I won't lie...the first solid food my kid ate was a dorito. He liked to lick the cheese off the chip and would slobber on it so much it eventually became like a paste and he was able to kinda smear it sorta into his mouth. I know, Iknow I'm a bad mom, but he's 2 now and just fine.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Good thing I came to read this. I just found out that the rice cereal constipates the baby. No wonder my little girl has been so irritated lately...lol... I'm running to the store first thing tomorrow to pick up that prune... Thank you moms...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 1:17 AM on Apr. 7, 2009