laundry mat

i just had my son on march 29th. he's 7 days old and i need to do laundry like crazy. would it be alright to bring my new baby to the laundry mat?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't see why not...
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• If you do keep a close eye on him and don't let anyone near him. If you have a sling use that and people are less likely to invade your space that way. As for picking up laundry you aren't supposed to lift anything heavier than you baby for 6 weeks and that includes baby in his carrier. If you can get someone to go with you that would be better. I wish you luck and congratulations.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I had to use the laundromat for the first few months after I gave birth. If the laundromat has carts with wheels, grab one and take it out to your vehicle to load the laundry into it. It is a lifesaver.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sure! Get a baby carrier or sling pouch and just wear your baby while you do the laundry!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2009