pushing is like trying to take a poo...

it is not that hard if you have ever been really constipated. when dr. says push just imagine that you are pooping (and many of you will!)

spearmintbaby

Asked by spearmintbaby at 2:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• actually you are pushing with your abs,upper then lower,like a wave.If you push like pooping,you will and its not productive in getting the child out
    Anonymous

• Actually you do push like the OP said.
    Anonymous

• Actually that's what they told me.. push like you have to go to the bathroom. Thank god I didn't go on the table though lol.. that was my biggest fear. Your body will normally empty out though .. at least that's what happens a lot of the time. You get diarrhea or stomach cramps etc right before labor. Some hospitals also offer an enema.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 2:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• one of my biggest fears in delievery.....
    Wyattsmomma09

Answer by Wyattsmomma09 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yeah but my doctor told me the exact thing. If I do poop on myself no one takes a notice they've seen it all! Just focus on having a safe delivery and welcoming a healthy baby into the world!! I had the fear but my doctor and doula both said its not uncommon to poop on yourself and not to worry with it!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I tried NOT to push in my face (by blowing my cheeks out) and kept telling myself "down and out!" with a short forceful push followed by a long holding one.....all while "The Ring of Fire" played on loop in my head during my sons drug-free birth.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• **what I meant to write was I tried not to blow air into my cheeks-pushing in my face instead of downward. Hope that makes sense. You do sort of push like you're using the bathroom but with more force.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009