Not trying for VBAC....

I'm thinking about opting for a 2nd c-section my 1st was breech. Just wondering if any of you have went for a 2nd c-section by choice.

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 2:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 30 wks pregnant, and have my 2nd c-section planned. W/ my first I was in labor for 16 hours, and stopped dialating at 7, so we did the c-section. I'm not going thru all that again, especially when my dr. is ok w/ me having another section.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I wasn't allowed to VBAC due to my previous labor/delivery. But I did look into it and I read a lot of stories about women who's uteruses ruptured. There is a website called something angles. It has pics of babies that died during VBACs. Scared the H^%$ out of me. I also hated the thought of a section. But we made it through alright.
    Anonymous

• i did a vbac after c-section and for me it went fine. but i was not in labor the first time i had toxiom and they had to take her early in order to save her life and mine. i am also a nut who had her tubes tied in the office. whole nother story.
    momof2grls35

Answer by momof2grls35 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• that funny cause i was told by new dr that they had to do c section with me cause i have 2 before, i don't want them cause it' not as meaningful to me having a trap between you and the birth of the baby. i have since had 4 vbacs so why i was being forced to have section was due to hospital policy. needless to say i switched dr's so i would have a different hospital.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009