do i have to "Drop" to go into labor?

at my last prenatal appt my DR said i was 3cm dilated, but that the baby is still bobbing up and down with his head down, and that i havent dropped yet. he said he couldnt induce me/break my water because there is a risk that the cord will come out before the head and that will call for an emergency c section (which he knows i dont want)... he also said he doubts ill make it til my due date.
so im wondering, can i go into labor before i drop?
iv only got one more week til my due date (april 12), and im soo anxious and ready.

piercedmomma412

Asked by piercedmomma412 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are u ?
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes. I went into labor twice (early) and hadnt dropped til I got to the hospital to be induced and they broke my water.... so yes it is possible.
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 2:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We have the same due date =]=] Yes its very possible my doula and doctor had told me that the baby could drop like right before I went into labor. I just dropped last Sunday though so everyone is different!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009