soo i am a first time mom..and wondering if you guys could answer some questions..

i am 20 weeks and 5 days..and i have been feeling the baby move since week 18..just little movements though..he is getting a little stronger now but i only feel him in the day. never at night when people say you are supposed to feel him the most. is this normal?
also i am already in the nesting phase!!!! ahhh lol how many of you were in this phase this early?

jeeennn

Asked by jeeennn at 2:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of the nesting phase that early. It probably isn't a "true nesting" stage. That really does come as labor approaches. You are probably experiencing wanting to have everything in order for the baby-but not nesting.

Nesting is when some finds you doing something absolutely crazy but you feel that it needs to be done.

For me-my DH found me taking aQ-tips in between the keys on the keyboard bc I didn't want any germs in the house when the baby came. CRAZY!!!!
    Anonymous

• Ok-maybe not crazy-but its just different.
    Anonymous

• some babies are active when you are,mine was.this is normal.just worry when movement decreases or stops.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• ive never heard of someone nesting so early.... maybe you are just excited and have more energy in your second trimester unlike how tired you are in your first. that is common. when you get your energy back and you start to get excited you will want to set up for the baby and clean. I was like that yesterday (didnt set anything up but cleaned every crack of my house)
    But nesting is in the last few weeks when you have a burst of energy and start to clean and do the final preperations for the baby. ya still have a lil ways to go but you will know when you are nesting :-)

And about the kicking. not all babies are active at night. some kids have other sleeping patterns.... but you should be happy cause that will probably mean that the baby will sleep more at night. which is a god send. trust me! so be happy and just enjoy it.
    Good luck momma
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 2:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• 20 weeks is really early, so you may not be feeling him kick. Wait another month or 2 and then he'll be keeping you up. Many women don't even feel the baby move until around 20 weeks. You've got a long way to go. Around 30 weeks or so he'll be keeping you awake and you'll need help getting out of bed and the heartburn will be killing you at 3 am.. and you'll have a craving some bizzare food you don't have like pineapple icecream (that was mine lol) at the butt crack of dawn.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 2:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• uhmm actually u can nest early ladies....i nested SUPER early..and went into preterm labor and started dialating too...so..yeah...and i was about 28 weeks so it is possible..and i had been nesting a couple days before i went into labor =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I guess I was just backwards from the rest of the women on here. I nested in the first two trimesters and in the last, I was just tired. If I were you, I would inform the doctor about the movement and especially if the baby stops moving. But probably he is just moving when you are up and he is sleeping when you sleep. If you have any questions at all the nurses at the doctors are very good and they know what to tell you, and that's what they like to do, I wouldn't feel bad about any question I had. I was a nurse for a long time and OB/GYN was my favorite job. I have been disabled for about 12 years.
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

no you don't-period
    Anonymous

• babies move at all different times , i know my baby moves mostly during the day and in the evening when my husband comes home from work .
    the nesting thing since noone really knows how it is for everyone else i can say that sometimes people know the symptoms and stuff of pregnancy and they think they should be doing it so their mind tells their body to .
    in your case ya it may be nesting or it may just be a burst of energy .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• where does everyone come up with 'you can't nest early'?? I've been pregnant twice & both times I was cleaning and organizing like a mad woman. (the first before I even knew I was pregnant but of course I didn't ever know until I miscarried at 3 months) everyone does things differently. With my son I nested early (the first couple months) and never did at the end. I also felt him moving @ 20 wks. he was (still is) a day time baby. & honestly why do ppl on here feel the need to tell horror stories to 1st time moms? Just bc you had awful heartburn or couldn't sleep or had a terrible pregnancy doesn't mean you should tell others to 'expect' it. stay positive!
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 3:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009