Who named your children?

My son is named after his dad and I chosed my daughter's first name and her middle name was chosen by her father.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 2:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was married to my first husband I had a dream that I was carrying a girl. I chose to name her after my dearest friend, but the butthead I was married to said no. So we made a deal. I got to name the baby if a girl, he got to name the baby if a boy. Thank goodness my Sylvia Lynn turned out to be a girl or she would be walking around with the name Lance Oliver!!!! ICK!!!
    My current husband chose Samantha as the first name for our second child and I chose Alexandria as her middle name because it was a name I remembered and loved from a childhood book.
    We both chose our third daughter's name (Katherine Victoria) after hours of matching different names we liked from a baby name book. I gave her the nickname Kathie.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I named my daughter and my husband named our son.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• we named each child. Our first son has a big name, we both decided on his first, and hubby picked first middle name, and I picked his second.
    Or second child, we both came up with the first, and equally agreed on the second name. (each name is after some one or someone(s) )
    Anonymous

• DH and I went threw a ton of names to get a boys name, it was so bad I was just hoping it wouldn't be a boy. Sure enough a boy. We ended up going with Ronin because it is unique but not too out there. His middle name is David because it was going to be Daven, but I didn't like the sound of both the names ending in N. Also David is my late fathers middle name, but that was more of an after thought.
    When my MIL heard that I was putting my fathers name in she put up a fit until I put DH's fathers name it. So now he is Ronin David Paul
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• #1~I chose the first name, DH chose the middle.
    #2~I chose the middle, DH chose the first.
    #3~We picked it out together.

*we made sure the other liked the names so it wasnt a situation where one of us picked the name and the other just had to deal with it LOL.*
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well our first child which is a girl!!! We are naming her when she arrives into this world =] Cali Grace Faye ....I picked Cali Grace and my husband wanted Faye because thats his mothers middle name =]=] !
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I choose his first name and his middle name is the same as his dad's. But we both really liked both names.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Long before we knew we were having a boy, our son-to-be has been Weston Christopher. His daddy's name is Christopher, and there was no arguing when it came to Weston... I saw it on a billboard, I made the suggestion, and DH never let it go... so I'd say DH did! ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We narrowed it down and threw things out there until we agreed. I don't guess either of us got exactly what we wanted but I love there names. Carl Padaric and Quinn Cameron. I wanted Carl Alexander and Quinn Aliyana.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Antonio Isaac? Wierd but my sister picked Antonio and I picked Isaac.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009