Does anyone know how to do an MLA citation for a quotation from a different author within a book?

I have to do a citation in MLA format. It's for a book, which I know how to do, but it's from a quote from a different author. Can anyone help? I've looked online but haven't found anything helpful.

sweetCorynn08

Asked by sweetCorynn08 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.palomar.edu/dsps/actc/mla/

This is a citation generator. There are many out there...just google MLA citation
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• indent the whole citation 10 spaces, place inside quotation marks and cite the author and then the book and author
    like " blah blah blah"-XXX, from ABC in BookName
    Anonymous

• Who cares when you can go online and find a site that will do it for you. You can get MLA and APA biblio. done by the edition you are using for free. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just Google it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I hate to tell you, but the online sites aren't always right. Many a teacher will mark you down because of that as well.

What I suggest buying is a copy of the Bedford Handbook, it'll be your best friend for those things.
    Selena

Answer by Selena at 10:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009