Have you had bladder sling surgery?

I am looking for advice from others who have had sling surgery. I just had my surgery on Thursday and am already having a hard time with this no lifting more than 10lbs thing. My baby is 15lbs so hubby has to help a lot. In addition to that frustration, I would like to continue working on losing baby weight. I don't really know what is safe to do, if anything, exercise wise while on this 6 week restriction. Am I ok to walk long distances? It is difficult for me to refrain since I feel no pain. I tend to bounce back from surgeries quickly and with no pain it is easy for me to want to start pushing forward. My doc made it very clear not to do anything even if feeling well. I don't worry about gaining weight, I just don't want to be stagnant for 6 weeks.

cat1622

Asked by cat1622 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• Sadly, you need to be stagnant for a full 6 weeks until your post op exam is complete. The tack procedure is done with very fine filaments and can rupture if you are doing things you are not supposed to be, like heavy lifting. Do what your Dr. tells you and you won't regret it by having to have the procedure repeated or go with a leaky bladder until you decide to have it fixed again.
    Anonymous