IV?

Did any of you guys, a few days after getting your IV for fluids from giving birth, Have pain in and around your wrist? - It feels like my vein is like is tight....

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i feel that anytime i get an IV . i buise easy tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Not after I gave birth but when I last had a surgery and had the IV in for a few days my wrist was sooo swollen, bending my hand backwards caused a lot of pain, and the vein was like popping out. For me it went away after a couple of weeks. (but mind you I had the IV in for like 5 days straight so the pain should go away sooner for you)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• when they took the IV out after I was complaining the whole time it hurt, the needle was bent! I still have a nice knot where it was over a year later. that was my first and Last IV.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009