my little sister came to me and said she was pregnant

Today my Mom came round and my brothers and sisters came with her and then my Mom popped to the shops leaving my brothers and sister with me and then my sister said to me not to be angry and then said she was pregnant and I kept calm and asked her had she taken a test and she hadn't and the dad was a guy in her year and I could hardly be angry as I was her age when I first got pregnant,what do I do? I know it might sound like a stupid question but it will kill my Mom if Itell her my sisters pregnant6(my sister isn't my real sister btw she's my foster sister and my Mom is my foster mom)

MommaandStepMom

Asked by MommaandStepMom at 4:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Whatever you do, your mom has to know.
    I would sit down with your sister and mom and tell her the truth. You need to be your sister's support. It is going to be hard for your mom, but you can help her and your sister through it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• First, get her to take a test.... get the facts first. If she isn't , she needs a damn good lecture from you, as well as a doctor's visist!!! And you can help her tell mom she is sexually active, etc.

If she is, you don't have a choice - support her in telling her mom! Your sister is lucky you are there to support her, and her mom! And do it asap - the sooner the better, so your sister gets the best care and consider all the options!
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 4:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i say, have her take a test to know for sure... if yes, she needs to tell her mom... she needs to get seen by a doctor and talk about her options (keeping it, adoption...hopefully not the other)

if not, i say still tell the mom...as a mother this is something i would want to know!! regardless of the outcome (her reaction) she deserves to know...

also if the girl is sexually active she needs to be checked for std's and get placed on b.c. a.s.a.p.. also taught about the dangerous of sex and all that....

just because you got prego at her age doesn't make it okay...be there for her tho...she and her mom will need support
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• get her tested...if she is then it's decision time, abortion or adoption. let her make her own decision about whether or not she is ready to be a mom, and then help her tell your mother her situation and her decision. stress to her the harsh reality of being a single, unwed, teenage mom in HS...

if she isn't, std check immediately. BC immediately, as well as a serious lecture on her stupidity.
    Anonymous

• My brothers and sisters are coming round today(all 12 of them) and I've got loads of tests as I bought a few yesterday as I thought I was pregnant but the test wrong :(,so I'm gonna get her to do one of those and if she is obvisouly I'll tell my Mom but if not then I'm not going to tell her because she has 12 kids to look after and maybe another one the way(pre-adoption) so she don't need the worry.
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 5:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• So I got her to do like 7 tests and they all came back positive :S. I'm gonna tell my Mom when she comes round after work.
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 7:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Your sister needs to tell your mother but with your support, if you tell your mother your sister will never trust you again. Just be there to support her, but I would definitely NOT tell your mom with out first talking to your sister.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• She confided in you for a reason, she probably wants your help in telling mom. How did she react when she found out you were pregnant? What was in like for you being pregnant at that age? I think before you sit down with mom, you two should have a very important talk. Does the dad know? I think he should be there when mom is told as well. She needs all the support she can get.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I don't think she should have came to you for advice, you got pregnant at her age too. I think that maybe the girls like you all should just keep your pants up maybe there wouldn't be so many babies in this world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• You and your sister need to call a family meeting - not just with your mom, but everyone who lives in the house. It's about to be everyone's "problem" so just get it out there - plus, safety in numbers - the more people who are around, the more likely she'll have a calm reaction. Then, might I suggest adoption - a selfLESS act of protection for the child, plus giving your sister a better chance at a successful future with a chance to live her life. If y'all are in Foster Care, then I am sure you can attest that being in a stable home with two parents is the best start anyone can give a baby. There are all sorts of adoptions these days, including very open adoptions which might give your sister nearly full-access to spending time with her biological child.
    Anonymous