why is my belly button popping out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its called pregnancy lol
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 4:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Because your belly button takes up precious room when it's an "innie". As an "outie", it gives your baby just that tiny little bit extra room. It's the same reason you'll have diarrhea and possible throw-up in the day or so before you deliver - it's all about room.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• At about 20 weeks along, your uterus gets so big that it reaches the level of your belly button, and as it continues to grow, the pressure pushes your belly button out. It doesn't happen for everyone or every pregnancy (it didn't happen at all for my first, and not until about 7 months with this one), but it's much more comfortable for you when it does; if it doesn't "pop" out, it can get very sore when the baby starts pushing on it wanting that extra minuscule amount of room.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yeah its the uterus pushin your innie out.it dont happen to everyone though or every pregnancy. but a funny way to look at it, my 8yr old cousin told me its like a turkey cookin in the oven.when the button pops up its done..lol..so therefore when your belly button pops out, its not too muc longer til your baby comes haha
    Anonymous

• It's the signal that the baby is done cooking, just like a turkey timer.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I call it the turkey popper too. It's telling you that your "turkey" is almost done in the oven.
    Anonymous