I don't usually blame the parents BUT this is definatley some awful child raising...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1167708/Boys-10-11-arrested-child-burned-cigarettes-hit-brick-flung-embankment-fights-life.html

Short hand of the story:

a nine year old and 11 year old boy were attacked by two boys there age. The two boys who attcked them burnt them with cigarettes, cut them with a knife from head to toe and beat them with large bricks. The 11 year old boy was also pushed down a 30 ft embankment!
(i almost cried when i read this story)

The attackers are at an age where this behaviour is absolutley UNREAL.
I think the parents are to blame....do you think its the parents fault?

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What's sad is if they're that bad at 11, how do you fix that? That's what they know, and that's the behavior that's been reinforced. Lock em up and institutionalize them, they come out worse. Lock em up for counseling instead, they learn to be aware that they're messed up, but they still don't really know what normal is, just how to fake it. Give em a slap on the wrist, they learn nothing.

Two broken kids, and yes, I'll agree broken by their parents,
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I always think the parents are at fault, you know damn good and well your little Johnny is a b--tard or bully, stop lying to yourself when you ( in general terms) say your kid got in with the wrong crowd. Most of the time, YOUR kid IS the wrong crowd.
    Anonymous

• that is horrible . i do blame the parents quite a bit actually . i have met 3 -4 year olds that make threats to stab you or something anf the parents think it is "cute"
    i hope those boys get treated as adults in this . they deserve it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• wow... that is crazy, i think its lack of parenting.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Here in england, the legal responsilnilty age is 10. Which is great cos they knew exactly what they were doing. The questioning just needs to have aparent or guardian with them and its need to be not too long and be done sensetivly.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Wow, those kids have some SERIOUS issues........
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• almost sounds like the kids on my street, parents have not disciplined their children they have horrible manners.......I told the mom to take her children home and they were not allowed on my property ever again....parents just dont want to make the effort anymore....its really sad!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would have to say parenting, my kids have friends that I cannot handle being in my house and it's easy to see why when I take them home and see how they live, like animals. If my kids want them over bad enough I just discipline them at my house, they don't listen, they never come back.
    And let me just add this......If your kid is 10 years old, and cannot eat without leaving a mess like an animal, that is parenting and just a disgrace. I cannot tell how many kids I have bathed, and clipped finger and toenails for before they got to play at my house.
    Anonymous

• I remember that. That was horrible too. I just don;t understand how this could be happening?!
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• its always the parents fault. we teach our kids, they learn from us, who else can we blame?
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009