breastfeeding pain

okay, so hallekujah im finally past thinking im just going to die every time i breastfeed, theres still uncomfortable pain moments, but i can handle these. anywho whenever i feed him, after about a minute or so I all the sudden get these deep sharp pains on whichever breast I'm not feeding on. Is that normal?

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 4:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like you might be having a really powerful letdown on the other breast, normally it's more of a dull pinch like feeling. If you're still engorged I guess it could be more painful, not too sure!
    Good luck, it just keeps getting better from here on.........................
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 5:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I agree with wadesmum. Sounds like a let down. I'll have these same pains but they seem to fluctuate in strength for some reason. Just breathe through it. I also like to put pressure on the other boob. It makes it feel better for me.

Congratulations on sticking it through though. It seems like everyone I know just gave up when the going got tough.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yep, it's your let down. Your milk will come down with more strength the fuller your breasts are. Listen for your baby to start gulping away after it occurs. I can still feel each and every letdown even after 10 months of breast feeding. I like that i can feel it because it reassures me that my boobs are still working. You'll get used to it too.
    Congrats on giving your baby the best beginning! And like everyone says...it DOES get easier with each passing day.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I agree with all of the above.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my breast do that too.It's just the let down.They also do that for me when she is hungry it's like an alarm..lol.
    Momtastic71

Answer by Momtastic71 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2009