I have a black lab with ear problems........

She just weaned 6 puppies and seems to be very healthy, but I noticed today she has a thin, watery, yellow fluid draining from both ears. It doesn't smell, there is no blood and it doesn't seem to bother her. She isn't scratching or shaking her head either. It is just draining out of both ears. I'm going to look it up on the internet now, but am curious if you have any experience with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pets

• Like stepmom929 said, Labs do tend to develop alot of ear probs. Especially if she swims, or has recentley had a bath & water gets in them. My Lab had to have an antibiotic, so you may need to take her to the vet, if you can. Also if it is from water, you can ask your vet about mixing water & vinegar together and dropping it in her ear to dry up the water. My vet had told me that but I cant remember the exact mearsuements for the mixture. Good Luck, Hope I could help.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 6:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Labs tend to have a lot of ear issues, but I've never heard of this one...hopefully you can find something online. If not definitely give your vet a call - good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my dog used to get those all the time (i just recently had to surrender her because she growled at dd : ( but if you PM with what you have already tried i may be able to help
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• So far, everything is pointing to seasonal allergies. My dog, has seasonal allergies, wth.
    Anonymous