• In the Spotlight:

Is it possible to ever trust again?

My husband and I are currently separated due to his actions over the last year and a half, and he has completely broken and lost any trust that I had in him. He tells me he wants to work things out and that he is going to try and that things really will change, but I don't feel inclined to believe anything he tells me anymore. Is it possible to ever truly trust him again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes. God can heal your marriage.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No, I don't think so personally! I have given my SO several chances to fix the problems in our relationship. I would leave, then he would BEG me to come back, saying that he'll change, everything will be better. So I would come back (Nothing would change) Leave again (Come back) Leave again (Come back) the same problems always were there until I left and didn't come back....so to make a long story short, i don't think that it is capable of working if you don't have the trust.
    Anonymous

• i think that trust can be regained. Or i guess i would say that it can be earned. but it takes time for one. I guess if i was in the same position and we were trying to make it work, i would want him to be in TOTAL accountability to me. he would really have to prove to me that he wanted it to work, and that whatever happened would not happen again. It is hard to regain trust, but it can be done. I do agree with the first answer too.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It takes time, but yes. Over the course of 3 years my SO cheated on me with 15 different girls. I felt disgusting. It was one of the hardest things I have gone through. I kept giving him chance after chance after chance and it really seemed that things would NEVER change. I left him. HE proved to ME that he wanted and did change. We started over completely. I had to forget about the hard times and get over it. Now, over a year later he hasn't cheated and we are now having our second child. It takes time, faith, love, and courage, but it IS possible. You just need to start over completely. Go on some dates. Have some fun. Do things you wouldnt normally do. Then talk about getting serious again. Then talk about moving in togethe etc. Talk about everything. It will work out if you can WORK ON IT TOGETHER. It's really not a one sided thing, even if he is the only one who did anything wrong. Good luck and message me to talk anytime
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• But at what point do you stop giving chances? How many chances does a person get before you have to move on with your life?
    Anonymous

• To the PP - only you can answer that question. How much are you willing to forgive? How much can you take? Constantly hurting your partner with cheating is selfish and wrong.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Make him prove himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• no when they start that thell never stop
    Anonymous