Circumcision Question!

My son is a month old and just now getting circumcised. (The hospital doesn't do it and I wasn't able to get an appt until tomorrow!) But anywho....I know I'll be asking them there how to care for his poor little peepee...but can I get some advice on if he'll be in pain...or won't even notice...and if there is any special treatment I need to do while he heals...I guess I have no idea about circumcisions and what to expect when he's done.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my dr give my son a shot of local anesthesia to numb. They also have a topical anesthesia called emla cream. The shot is more effective and lasts longer. The care is easy. You don't even really have to touch it. Just drop a gob of Vaseline on it and on his diaper. This will stop it from sticking to a dry diaper and help it to heal. You'll probably have a follow up visit soon I'd imagine. The doctor will tell you how it's coming along. Good luck to you and your little guy.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My sons when they came back weren't even crying but not all babies are like that. Just make sure you use plenty of vaseline and gauze at every diaper change.

Anonymous

• If you have no idea about circ's then why not research it before you have your sons done.

It is not a necessary procedure, I know my son is intact and perfectly healthy.

Did you know about 85% of the worlds population is intact?
    Anonymous

• Of course he will be in pain, they are cutting off part of his penis....gesh.
    Anonymous

• OK, other 2 anons. Mind your own kids and what YOU do or NOT do with them. Grow up and be ladies!

Anonymous

• BTW, she isn't asking for you people to ask her questions. Just answer hers if you have had it done or move the hell on!
    Anonymous

• If you post about circ you gotta expect to get some "dont circ" posts. Just comes with the territory.
    Anonymous

• you probably won't have to do the gauze- I didn't. BUT just put tons of vaseline on it at every diaper change. They will show you the way to do it and explain everything.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Excuse me? No one deserves that! It's no ones place to say otherwise. GROW UP! So now we can just pick on people and judge for whatever a post is about. You people make me sick!

Anonymous

• He might be in a little pain, but it's over fast. You will need to keep the bandage wrapped around it for atleast 24 hours. Then apply vaseline with every diaper change till it heals. I remember having to do this to my boys. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 5:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2009