Child Exposed to Strep adn Staph

Ok so my dd was exposed to Strep and Staph infection and I was just wondering if she was going to get it when would the signs appear? The child she was exposed by is my niece and the mother knew that her child was sick and risked my dd ayhow. Dd gets sick easily and when she does she reallygets sick, the only reason the child that had it got taken cafe of is because my mil took her temp it was 104.3 and said her legs hurt so she called my nieces mother and forced her to take her child to the dr and around 1 am I got a call from mil telling me to watch dd and myself I had dd in another room but went into the room my niece was in a few times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't know the sign but I would make a call to the pedi. Better to be safe than sorry.

Anonymous

• Kids get exposed to strep and staph everyday...it lives on your skin. Call your doctor if you are worried, but get used to it...cause when she starts school she'll be exposed every single day.
    Anonymous

• ok..my kid is almost 4 and she's gotten staph infections since she was 14 months old...the best thing you can do now is keep everything clean and keep your child clean...staph naturally lves on our skin but if theres an outbreak it can get into any cut on your body or through your nose or mouth..if your child is still in the sticking everything in her mouth phase(i dont know how old she is) than i would wash all her toys.. the signs of a staph infection are, there will be a little red bump, and eventually there will be a white head on it (dont pop it) and it will be hard and hot. and it can get really big in diameter....apply hot compresses on it and demand the dr culture it to make sure its a regular infection and not a MRSA infection..(MRSA infections require only certain kinds of antibiotics because its resistant to almost all antibiotics) and if it is MRSA, request a prescription of bactroban ointment..it'll help get rid.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• of the infection faster and its meant for MRSA infections...anymore questions feel free to pm me. GL and i hope your little one doesnt get sick!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Swollen gands on either side of her neck.... Doesn't have to be both sides, just one. Spotts on the back of the throught... scratch throat and fatiuge is usually first symptoms for strep. If you suspect it call your health care provider.... we do things naturally, so if I suspect strep I pull out my supplements and drops that I used to battle it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2009