Letters from his EX...

So today I found a whole box of letters and pictures from my SO's EXes... I just find myself being so mad about this!! Why is he holding on to these? We have been together for 5 years, and I got rid of all my "memories of exes" when things got serious with him... So why didn't he do the same? I don't know if I'm just being a pissy person, or if I should actually be this angry. I know that all those people are in the past, but why does he insist on keeping all of these letters and pictures in OUR house!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO has kept some pictures and cute little cards from his ugly EX and yes it pisses me off mainly cause he said he didn't love her.... They why would you keep all this stuff?!?!?! I had one little card that came on some flowers from an ex that I got on my 21st B day and he found that and it was just tucked in my wallet and I hadn't even realized it was there still i mean i got it almost 5 years ago!! But he found it in my wallet and had a fit and said that I was keeping it because I still cared about him and was reminiscing!! Ok fine if that's what he thought of me keeping that stupid little card then I guess he really had it bad for his ex keeping all her stupid shit around in OUR house!!!

scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• why don't you ask him?
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my husband keeps thing from his exs because they were a part of his life and someday if he talks to our son he is going to be honest and share all of his realationship experince to help him!
    Anonymous

• my husbands ex was a part of his life for 5 years, they even had a daughter who passed so i wouldnt care one bit. i actually wish he would instead of holding it all in
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• would you prefer he hid them in someone else's house? This way you know when he gets rid of them he's ready to get rid of them. They are his. Leave it alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• They are his, leave them alone... I have things from my past. I don't get them out and look at them, I'm not even sure where they are, but I know I have some letters and notes.
    You chose to get rid of yours, he didn't ask you to... so don't ask him to. Maybe you could make him or buy him some sort of box and ask him if he'd like to store them in the garage?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• when i first meet my dh i had a box full of pictures of my old bf and to me it didn't mean anything . i just had them under a bed ,but when he found them i threw them away.maybe he for got about them ask him and see if he has trouble tossing them out. i wouldn't worry about them unless he has to look at them weekly.lol
    Anonymous