how do i potty train at night?

my girls are 3 n 4 and they are completly trained during the day-never an accident. but they still wear pullups at night. i work nights and dont get home till about 1 .being up by 7,theres noway i can get up every few hours to make them potty.

2suga2

Asked by 2suga2 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Its not something you teach them to do. Its a maturity thing. Once the bladder matures, then they will begin waking up dry. It can be quite a bit longer than most people realize. Usually the general rule is by 5 yrs old, they should have dry nights before being considered a "bedwetter". I have had 2 bedwetters and it went on MUCH past 5 yrs old. Give them a bit more time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Have you tried keeping a potty seat in their room(s) & explaining that it's OK for them to get out of bed to use it if they feel the urge? My DD was fully night-trained before she finished day-training, LOL. (I think I just lucked out on that one though, to be honest.)
    fosternpa

Answer by fosternpa at 1:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It's just a waiting game. My guy wore dipes at night for maybe 6 months after being day trained but after he woke up dry for a couple of weeks in a row we had a talk and decided to try sleeping in underwear. We put on a waterproof cover just in case but he's never had an accident. He also doesn't get up during the night though; he's been night trained for over 6 months now and he once got up at 4am to go but then went back down to sleep.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:40 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 3. She wasnt potty trained until earlier this year. She just stopped weeting the bed. I just explained to her that big girls where panties and they are way more cooler than baby diapers. She occasionally peed the bed. What i did start to do was wake her up around 11pm to pee one more time. she always went back to sleep. after about two weeks of that....she was completely potty trained.
    Essica

Answer by Essica at 4:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I learned to stop giving my son something to drink at 7:30 pm and then right before going to bed I take him to use the potty one more time and he hasnt had an accident since!
    Cjsmomma2006

Answer by Cjsmomma2006 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009