how would you help

My dh works in collections/mortgage refinance for people that have defaulted. He deals with people all day long that have terrible credit and he helps them stay in their home. The other day he had a guy who made (no joke) 12,000 NET a MONTH and was complaining about his 1500 house payment so my husband did his thing and got this guy a .05% interest rate FIXED for 50 years. So he was telling me this story and he suddenly says “well maybe I should just screw up my credit really bad and not pay any of my bills and then I can get a .05% rate too.” I think it is good that my dh works in a job where he is helping people stay in their homes but, he deals with more people like the story above then people that have a legitimate lose of income. so my dh comes home really upset and depressed everyday because of the people he has to deal with. How can i help him feel better about his job cuz his moods are getting out of hand!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• well it is wonderful that he helps people, but it sounds like it can be draining, and ware you down. I do ask: does he really like his job?? if he finds himself with out of hand moods it jsut makes me think that maybe he doesnt like it anymore. I know that when my hubby was in out of hand moods it was because he didnt like his job and felt like it was going nowhere. He is finally happy with where he is and is at peace with everythiing and has been in the best mood of our life together. Maybe you can encourage him by reminding him that yes he gets those people, but there are actually people in need that he is helping too. Maybe try and get him focused on those cases more than the others. and remind him that he is doing a good job at his work too.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 5:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• go for a workout together after work and destress
    Anonymous

my husband is disabled so thats not really an opition but, do you have any other ways that you like to destress that might help?
    Anonymous

• He should learn to leave work at work.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:38 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• under stand my neighbors were just in the paper for chapter 7.they have two different family's living there and non of them work.me and my dh work 6 days a week to have are home and these people just file for that so all there debt is wiped clean.
    Anonymous

• that is just the way of the world, he can't let a few ROTTEN apples spoil the whole bunch, He's doing his job, he might not like it, however it's his job, perhaps when he comes home make the rest of his day great, have bath/shower ready and dinner made that type of thing, we might not like our job BUT SOMEBODY GOTTA DO IT!
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 7:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just remind him that there are people who actually need his help that he's actually helping, and in the end they're going to be so thankful that he was there to get them out of a bad situation. Also, the people that actually need help are going to learn from his help, and they'll get a real benifit because he helped them.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 8:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2009