What's your opinion on age differences?

such as women in their 20's with older men... not like 70 older. Maybe 40ish?

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• It's not something I'd recommend for anyone that's still wanting to go out and party and do concerts etc... older men tend to be done with all of that, and in my case, our taste in music, movies, discipline, money, just about everything is different, but overall, we're pretty good friends and get along really well but for years I got sick of people asking me if my Dad was home, or if he was my Dad, and I get really pissed off when they say something about his "grandchildren" which are OUR kids.
    It's not for everyone.. butyou'd better love them for the person that they are, not for the sex, and not for the going and seeing and doing things... their bodies like ours, wears out, teeth go bad, and they get regular health problems and get cranky (like we will) so again... better love them for who they are inside or it'll never work for long
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• in general i don't think it's really the best idea for a couple to have over 15 years between them [and this is coming from someone who's longest serious relationship was with a man nearly 15 years older than me], however i know there are always those very rare occurrences when it really does work out well.
    adulation

Answer by adulation at 5:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I was with someone who was 20 years older than me and from my experience I would not suggest it. I was with him for six years and the priorities change throughout the relationship. He's worried about money, I just wanted to go out with my friends(which I had none because of my super old boyfriend) It just got weird, and age had everything to do with it. It was obviously a look at me with my young girlfriend thing for him. I realized after awhile that he only went for younger women because the women his age wouldn't put up with his sh@#. He was really immature. I guess I don't agree with the saying age doesn't matter. Look at Hugh Hefner, ewww, or Billy Bob and Angie, Hughes girls leave for younger girls all the time, Angie is with someone her age. Media has pushed the image of the Harrison Ford-like man with the young 20 year old girl for many years. But in reality it very rarely works out.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• they leave for younger guys < I meant
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my parents are 22 years apart (my mom is younger) and they have been happily married for 30 years!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I do think that both parties need to think about wht will happen in the future. In 20 or so years he is going to be an old man ans she is probably going to be a vital 40 year old.
    My mom and dad are 8 years part and my mom is resentful of his age now. He has some erectile dysfunction problems which means they haven't had sex in 10+ years. He refuses to get help for it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You mean sugarDaddy

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No wasn't so much meaning sugardaddy. that's why i asked the question under relationships.. and not under money and work.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 6:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Ask yourself what a man would want with a woman half his age? Trying to regain his youth? Trying to be cool? Trying to mold you into a Stepford Woman? What is his motive? I've not seen a lot of relationships fare well with those ages. However, if you were 40 and his was 60 it might work out well. I think he is either trying to take advantage of you not being mature and wish or you are perhaps taking advantage of his financial stablity. Sorry but I call it as I see it. You will be labeled a golddigger no matter what and he'll be laughed at by everyone.
    Anonymous

• age does make a difference, in some situations, as long as it's legal and the two are happy, i see nothing wrong with it, my dh is 9yrs younger than I. and we have a good marriage, been together almost 10yrs
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 7:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2009