Does anyone know how to Burn DVDs?

I have a few DVDs I would like to burn so that I can keep a copy in the car. I have a DVD burner in my laptop and desptop. I can burn audio cds no problem. I bought DVD R dvds, but I can't figure it out. I load the movie hit burn, and nothing happens, or I get an error message saying winows media could not open the file. We watch them on the laptop so I know windows can open the file. What is being lost here? What am I doing wrong? What DVD converting Ripping software are you using? I also downloaded some torrants, and Vuze converts them into playable .avi files, but these two wont burn onto a DVD. Please help.

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 5:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aren't DVD's loaded with a non-copying feature? I don't think you CAN burn a DVD...at least not one you buy from the store.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• do the dvds you have are they "protected" i know some of them have things on them that wont allow a copy to be made .
    im not sure but my husband knows . he is at work but when he gets home i can ask him for you lol .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No there is no copywrite in the DVD format. It's just a differnt format that needs to be converted. I know I can use ripping software to convert it to mp4 or mp3, i have done that. What I can't figure out is how to burn it to another DVD. I have googled it a number of times and download a bunch of crap that is supposed to work, im not sure if the downloads are not working of if im not using them right, Any help would be great :-)
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 5:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well you get a DVD and a lighter!!!LOL

Answer by louise2 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I will help you but I'll need to pm you.. I also rip movies and download torrents ;) *wink wink* I use Roxio.. I'll send you a link if you like.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 9:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• http://www.mininova.org/tor/1783804

That's the one I downloaded and it works fine for me. It's MUCH easier to do than Nero.. just click copy disc and it burns all by itself.. you don't need to identify if it's a cd or a dvd, it does it for you. It automatically creates an image for you and everything and burns immediately after it's copied.Serial is included with it. I have tons more if you need them. You're positive you have the ability to burn dvd's right?

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 9:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2009