do you ever walk into the salon with a picture of the haircit or style you want and come out disappointed?

hellokitty27

Asked by hellokitty27 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yep it looked nothing like the picture i was so mad :/
    Anonymous

• All the time!
    Anonymous

• As a stylist I can tell you I see that a lot. The biggest mistake a stylist can make is not being realistic. I believe it is our responsibility as the stylist to make sure that that style really could happen on the hair type in front of them. If someone wants stick straight bangs and they have curly hair, they shouldn't do it. It won't look like the picture. Sometimes you can do the haircut, but it won't look like the pic because the models hair type is different. They should know this. Same goes with color, people with coarse wirey hair should be careful when getting blonde highlights, they tend to look like gray hairs. There are so many different scenarios. Sometimes the stylist, just doesn't care and does what they feel like(this is so wrong). If your stylist isn't telling you anything before she starts cutting away, speak up and make sure you are both on the same page.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• no because that salon is rip off
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• sorry my daughter was playing on my computer, that'swhat I get for walking away for a few minutes. I have gone in with pictures but my hair is real fine. my stylist has always been honest with me and she will let me know if a style won't work on me.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• I think a stylist should say up front if a certain style is not going to work, or is not going to look the same as the picture. Different hair types, face shapes, etc. are going to influence the way a certain look works on a given person. I kept asking my stylist for full bangs- my cousin has them and I LOVE hers. My stylist kept telling me I couldn't pull off long bangs that aren't side bangs because I have a short forehead. It tried them anyhow- and she was right, dammit!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yup, and I agree with the comment about the sylist should say whether or not that cut will work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• Yeah that always happens to me
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 7:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• My hair seems to do it's own thing no matter what I or the hair dresser want it to do, so I have no expectations of it ever looking like a picture in a magazine. LOL
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• It always happens to me too. Only ONE time did I take a picture with me and the stylist got it exactly like the picture. I loved that haircut! I went to get the cut again, (that stylist moved), and it didn't turn out the same. It looks OKAY but I don't love the cut.
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 8:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2009