can u feel tightning as a contraction but have no pain?

I am having little dull back pain and ill feel what I am sure is a contraction lasting a while but no hurting to it yet is it a contraction?

josalin

Asked by josalin at 6:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it quite possibly is. some people just have a high tolerance for pain.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 6:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes my dr said tht a contraction can be painful or painless. i was told to lay down and feel if my stomach goes tighter , and if it happens regularly then to count them . i know i had only one painful one when i was about 33 weeks and that was it , my husband worried so we went in to be checked and turned out i was contracting ever 2 mns and didnt feel them .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I had really painful braxton hicks contractions, by back constantly hurt then it would squeeze really hard. When I went into labor one time, it was just a backache and no squeezing. I was seven cm when I got to the hospital and I thought they were kidding because it didn't hurt as bad as the fake ones!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009