very embarassing but i need help....

i had to be admitted in the hospital for kidney stones.while there,my 21 month old daughter went to stay at my sisters who has school aged children. well... i know everyone at some point or another gets headlice.but its awful for someone her age to be INFESTED with them.Does anyone know if it is safe to use nix or anything like that on her head with her being that age? I feel so bad for her having them cause i feel like there is nothing i can do for her but comb it and she wont be still long enough for me to do that.anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• call the pedi and ask them..GL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 6:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Due to her being so young, you should call the doctor. Make sure you sterilize everything in your house once you treat her!!! Her stuffed animals, bed sheets and blanket, pillows, brushes, vacum your sofas, floors.....lice are nasty little bugs that can live in everything!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 6:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We had it once and it was sucky! We made sure that we all wore shower caps all the time until we were sure they were gone. My son got a really bad case of it. I had a couple of eggs, my husband didn't get anything.
    SO we cleaned and vacuumed a lot..like 4 times a day, the couches, the floors, his bed, anything that was fabric and that the little buggers could stick to. We also changed all of our sheets everyday. We were extremely careful not to put our heads near each other.
    We had them gone in 8 days which is fast, sometimes it can take weeks to get rid of them.
    The real key is to be VIGILANT!
    Good luck, call your ped if you are worried. They will not judge you or think you are dirty people. Lice really is something that crosses all social boundaries.

Damn...now my head is itching like crazy! I just hear the word lice and I get the itchies.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have heard of several natural, chemical-free lice treatments that are supposed to work just as well. I would Google it and would definitely try one of those first. Don't be embarrassed, its happened to almost everyone at one point or another. I think its smart of you to be concerned about putting such strong chemicals on your child's skin at such a young age. :) Good luck!
    Norest4mommy

Answer by Norest4mommy at 12:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2009