What do I do with my son?

My son is 4 months old and is already throwing temper tantrums and gets very angry and will arch his back and scream. What do I do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its not a temper tantrum, its just his way of trying to convey his feelings to you. He can talk so he screams to say, "mom I'm mad, I'm tired, I'm hungry, ect"

Just cuddle him close and try to satisfy his needs as best you can. You cant spoil a 4 month old. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• CANT talk not can...* lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Anytime Ethan (he is 6months old) does that I just stop what I'm doing and wait for him to stop. When he see's me not reacting and just sitting there he stops. I don't whip him b/c he wont understand. Like I said I just stop what I am doing and tell him ok when your done we will continue, but until then I'm just gonna wait for you to calm down. I think the longest I've had to wait was 5 min.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• omg my son would do that, in fact he still does. i pick him up but i know youre supposed to do what lovemybaby does.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yea i agree with other ladies he is just trying to get your attention because he needs something , to be picked up, to be burped ,to play , to eat , or just because he is tired .
    Sweetheart08

Answer by Sweetheart08 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Thats what babys do when they have gas.It hurts real bad.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 6:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• OMG! At 4 months old it's NOT a temper tantrum. It's you baby's way of letting you know he needs something. Don't ignore it like one poster said to do.
    Anonymous