does anyone have a child that has allegic and or vasomotor rhinitis (nasal congestion ,stuffiness)? what is your childs treatment?

mine suffers 10 mths out of the year. is on meds but there are times i feel like its no help. allegy test and blood test are neg. i was told that it can be a small amount of allergies in the air or other allergies that they don't test for that can cause his triggers.

hellokitty27

Asked by hellokitty27 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• Not much we can do. My oldest is on flonase. We have a vaporiser in his room at night. I keep an eye on his ears because they get infected from the constant congestion.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My g-son takes Claritin every morning, Singulair eac night and sleeps on a non latex foam wedge. We tried Flonase and Veramyst but had had excruciating headaches and bloody noses with that. The Vicks vapor plug ins seem to help him too. The wedge really made a big difference. BTW he will be 5 on the 19th. He has 17 idenified allergies, asthma and eczema.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My son and I both take Zyrtec D. His allergies aren't as bad as mine though. I also suffer about 10 months out of the year and Zyrtec D is the only thing that works. It also helps to shower or bath before bed (gets the allergens off skin and hair), a vaporizer helps keep the air moist, stay inside when allergens are high. Our local news does allergen warnings on the news.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Message me and I can tell you what has worked for my son. It is an all natural health product that really did wonders.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009