What are some disiplines a baby sitter can do?

My youngest DD has to go for testings at the hospital on Thursday for one we can't take our older DD in the room where they are testing and if we take her it is 2 hours we have to wait in the waiting room with her. It is important for hubby and I both to be in there with our 15 month old because they are testing on her heart so I got a sitter for that also because 2 hours I am not sitting in the waiting room she is 4 years old and out in public she is really bad like embarrassingly bad so our friend is going to watch her, but my ? is if she gets to where she doesn't listen to her and she is acting up for her what are some disipline things I can tell my girlfriend she can do to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Time outs,no TV,take toys. give the Babysitter permission to get drunk ,while keeping her,or pop a nerve pill lol, just joking.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well it really all depends on what you do to correct the unacceptable behavior. Pick something that works for you... Besides spanking of course! Time outs are probably the most effective way for a babysitter to discipline. :) Good luck with your little one!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 7:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I agree, find something you do to discipline that you would feel comfortable with the babysitter doing. Then your child will already be used to that discipline. Good luck on the testing! I hope everything turns out okay. =)
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• take away toys, time out, no tv, no park time if she was going to take her to the park and have her take a nap early you know things you would do
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 8:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Time outs, taking away toys, no tv. I only had family as babysitters and grandma and grandpa were allowed to spank if needed but no one else was.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• see that is the thing I cannot get my family to ever watch my girls they always make up an excuse not to do it so I only have 2 friends that I trust to babysit that is it although I hardly ever EVER get a sitter
    Anonymous

• Most kids are the worst for their parents so she may not even have a problem with her. Wait to borrow trouble.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It depends on both what you're comfortable with, and then what your sitter is comfortable with. Parents should always voice their discipline beliefs before letting another watch their child and what they're comfortable with is what is the determining factor.  They should also listen to the person watching their child's own beliefs as it may go against the grain of what they would want for their child.  What I'm saying is you choose and tell your sitter, make it consistent with what you do at home however maybe choose a lighter approach as this will be a 'new' situation for your child and the sitter is not a permanent substitute or somebody your child is used to.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009