Updated Question.

Does a mucus plug come out in a big clump? or can it come out gradually? because I dont see anything unless I wipe and the discharge on the tissue is slimy,brownish and yellowy. It feels like liquid boogers. I'm thinking I should put a panty liner on ?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 39 weeks and mine has been coming out gradually brownish/yellow discharge.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It could come out both ways. With my second baby I lost chucks of it at 28 weeks then delivered him at 32 weeks. With my fourth baby at 37 weeks it came out in a big clump and I ended up delivering him 2 weeks later at 39 weeks.
    shanibug06

Answer by shanibug06 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah, forgot to add that with my second it was like a greenish/yellowish color and with my fourth baby it was a brownish/yellowish color.
    shanibug06

Answer by shanibug06 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It can do either. With my daughter I lost it gradually in chunks when I would wipe after going to the bathroom.

My best friend lost hers in one large bloody chunk in the shower when she was washing down there.

It does look like snot and can be yellowish, brownish, clearish or have an almost greenish tent to it. You should only be concerned about the color if it's a dark green or has an ordor.
    Anonymous